Friday, July 29, 2011

Book Review: "The Inheritance" by Louisa May Alcott

Literature is full of inheritance stories. A classic theme is that of a poor deprived child receiving an unexpected inheritance that changes his or her life. One of Louisa May Alcott's first novels (1849, unpublished until 1997) is about a little orphan girl who ends up inheriting a large estate.

I remember reading "The Inheritance" because I loved the movie based on Alcott's novel. I was a little disappointed in the book only because the movie had a father character that I really liked and the book did not. That is what I get for watching the movie before reading the book. The book is still a fun read.

Just for curiosity's sake, I searched on Amazon.com to see if there are any recent inheritance novels out there. As of July 7, 2011, "Soul Inheritance" written byHoney A. Hutson is avaiable. I have not read the book, but the reviews say it is about a girl that does not know her past and ends up inheriting something interesting.

Inheritance is a timeless subject to write about.

Check out the DVD of "The Inheritance" or the book on Amazon .
Check out "Soul Inheritance" by Honey A. Hutson (July 7, 2011) on Amazon.

Check out our website here.

No comments: