Thursday, October 27, 2011

Moving To A New State With Estate Documents In Place

If you have estate documents (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc.) and you move to a new state, it is always good to have an estate planning attorney in the new state review your documents. A general rule of thumb is wills and trusts will less likely need to be amended with a move to a new state. Powers of attorney, especially health care, will more likely need to be amended to meet the new state's requirements.

No comments: